Yes, you. We’re always looking for new authors. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and move our industry forward, we want to hear about it. But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine the fitness industry. Just aim to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
We’ll be honest, though: writing for LiveFitSD takes work. We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. You’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions.
It’s also rewarding. Thousands of your peers (and potential employers, clients, or publishers) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew when you started.
How to submit (and what happens next)
email us your submission. We accept:
- Plain text
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Here’s what happens after you hit send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This typically happens once a week.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article on the first draft, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, you’ll send your revised draft back. We’ll discuss it again and let you know if it’s accepted.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on issues like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for an upcoming issue as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t promise inclusion in a specific issue until we have a nearly publication-ready article.