I’ll be the first person to admit I fucking LOVE supplements, but today I want to share with you ‘6 FREAKY Diet Rules You MUST Follow before you start wasting your money on overpriced supplements.
I REPEAT… DO NOT TAKE OR BUY ANY SUPPLEMENTS UNTIL YOU START DOING THESE 6 THINGS FIRST!
Before I get into the 6 rules I want to share with you a little story about my unhealthy relationship with supplements.Back in my college days when I was powerlifting and fairly new to the strength & fitness world I would regularly spend $300 a MONTH if not more on supplements.
I mean I’ve literally tried every type of supplement on the planet… fat burners, test boosters, pre-workouts, and even nootropics. I thought I could take a supplement, a magic pill, and mystically fix my issues: From burning belly fat to building muscle to raising my ‘T’ to helping me sleep. I’VE LITERALLY USED IT ALL!!
None of it was necessary. Sure I got some increased energy, possibly burned some extra fat cells, but I didn’t need those supplements to get where I am now. I transformed my body from fat to fit with hard work and consistency, not supplements. The thought of all the money I wasted on those over priced BCAA’s or crazy pre-workout makes me cringe.
What I really needed to do then and what you need to do now before you go waste your hard earned ‘cashmoney’ on fancy supplements is follow my 6 FREAKY simple diet rules.
1. LOG YOUR FOOD EVERYDAY
- This does not mean you have to neurotically measure things or do math at higher than a 4th grade level I measure my food using only the following: (1 Cup, ½ Cup, ¼ Cup, tbls, tsp, and my hand) No scales necessary!!
- I love the My Fitness Pal App for tracking my food, it’s super easy to use plus allow you to set reminders to log your food.
2. HIT THE CORRECT NUMBERS (MACROS BABY!) *More about fiber later
- This means you know the correct amount of each macronutrient (Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats, and Fiber*) you must meet everyday.
- Again, don’t stress about being super exact try to stay within +/- 5 grams of your goal if you’re a female and +/- 10g if you’re a guy.
3. READ LABELS (THE MORE YOU KNOW…)
- This has nothing to do with GMOs or “Toxins” and everything to do with numbers.
- If you put it in your grocery cart you should be able to tell me how much a serving is and how many grams of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber are in that serving.
4. BE CONSISTENT (SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE)
- For real though…Sounds cliche but it works.
- Consistency is like compounding interest…Results may start slow, but over time increase exponentially.
5. EAT YOUR VEGGIES (MOM WAS RIGHT)
- At least 1 serving at every meal
- Lots of Variety
- Micronutrients (Vitamins & Minerals)
6. FIBER!! (EVERYBODY POOPS)
- Keeps you regular
- Powerful thermogenic
- Shoot for between 30 – 80 grams a day
- Whole Grains are a great source
My point is, don’t rely on supplements to get results, you’ll always be disappointed. Rely on hard work, consistency, and a solid well thought out diet & training program.
When you don’t have a proper diet, your training plan sucks, and you have no direction other than shoveling down powders and pills with the hopes of magical results you’ll never be happy with your progress, I can promise you that!
(Sure supplements can work and have benefits, but you have to nail down the important stuff first, your DIET & TRAINING.)
Now let me explain the beautiful thing about supplements, and the reason I FUCKING love them. If your diet and training are both on point when you add supplements to the equation you’re going to benefit that much more and see quicker results. Rather than being like most people at the gym who take supplements to make up for their already shitty diet and training.
Supplements can be a powerful tool in your ‘fitness toolbelt’….But only If you’re adding them to an already KICK-ASS proven diet & nutrition program.
SO IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A PROVEN DIET & NUTRITION PROGRAM TO GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO WASTE MONEY ON SUPPLEMENTS, CLICK THE ‘APPLY NOW’ BUTTON BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN MY 90 DAY TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE. (LIMITED SPACE)Apply Now